Saturday, August 31, 2019

BAHA Surgery Part 6 (48 hours post surgery)

I realize that other posts are now popping up on the blog so this might get buried, but for the family and friends who are curious about T and about our night last night I wanted to give a little update.

She is feeling great!  She hasn't taken any meds, not even OTC stuff since the surgery day.  She has not complained of pain since the surgery day.  She has a very big pain tolerance, but this still seems remarkable.

We slept!  Brandon and I slept quite well.  We were in bed by 10:00 and didn't get out of bed until almost 7:00.  T fell asleep before 8:00!  She slept until 4:00am and was up a while and came downstairs with my mom and cuddled.  They both fell back to sleep, probably by 4:30.  She slept until about 9:00!  I am sad that she had to come down with my mom, but I am thankful for all that sleep.  She seems a lot more tired today so I think all the days of sleeplessness are catching up with her.

We have been trying to be low key but this is quite hard for T.  We are hoping that we can just keep the incision area clean and protected.

Yesterday afternoon T and I did a lot of sidewalk chalk which kept her entertained for quite a while.  M finished his Batman LEGO set.  We did lots of puzzling.  My mom and I worked on it after bed too.

We made a huge sign to welcome S to our house.

T: Don't you love it? 

T is great a finding unique pieces. 

M:  I really like my new creation. 

Both kids had friends over yesterday.  M's friend stayed for dinner.  It was nice that they had extra kids to play with, but T was reminded to stay calm over and over again.

We did take a pic of the incision last night at bedtime.  If you are easily grossed out please click off the page.  T wasn't grossed out a bit and is planning to go to school on Tuesday without the protective cup and show everyone her awesome scar!  What a brave and confident girl she is!

T: My scar is cool 
This morning we said good-bye to Grandma Kathy.  She was a huge help and I am so thankful that she was able to come. After she left the kids cashed in their internet screen time.  This afternoon M is at an all afternoon playdate while Brandon is working.  T and I looked through all of her school papers, played a game she made up, and read books.  Her friend S came over for a few minutes and now she is having some tablet time while I blog.

Thank you for checking in on us and for your continued prayers for infection free healing, for good sleep, and for kind friends at school.

No comments: