Sunday, August 25, 2019

While we were away...

... the children and grandparents play!  Brandon's parents came up to stay with our kids while we were in Mexico (see previous post).  They arrived on Saturday and we celebrated Brandon's 40th Birthday with his favorite pie. 

40 looks great on him!

While we packed and prepped Tom and Judy took the kids bowling!

What cute bowlers!

The kids came up to our room at the airport hotel.  The quick goodbye got a little emotional for M.  Maybe we should have said good bye at the van.  T was in great spirits and wanted to help put the luggage on the rack.

T: This thing looks like what waitresses use. 

We left for Mexico during a lice breakout.  We knew that T had been exposed so I stocked up on everything and even traveled with lice wash in case we found something.  Thankfully we were all clear.  

The kids did great while we were in Mexico.  They had many adventures with Tom and Judy.  What a blessing for all of us!

Off to school!

Ready for dance!

T: I love this heavy cat and my fun hair. 

M: Grandpa came to recess!

M: They brought tasty food for lunch. 

T: They ate with me too!

The kids love to go shopping with Tom and Judy.  T got to pick out Birthday gifts and M 1/2 Birthday gifts.

T: "Best day of my life!"  (she says this all the time)

T: Check out what I got!
T: Look at this awesome art kit!

M: I got a LEGO set!

T: Grandpa and I like to write a story together. 

T: I never get sick of volcanos!

Sunshine likes Science too!

T: Grandma Judy was the mystery reader in my room. 

The kids love going to a YMCA with a waterpark each year.

T: I am ready!

The lazy river!

T: That slide was great!

What a crew!

On Saturday morning they went to a movie at the theater with the reclining seats!

Aww, so cute. 

Ready to watch!

T: I turned my into a couch!

M: I finished my LEGO set!

They went out to eat on Saturday night. 

They ended the week with one of our favorite games!

The kids were pretty sad that our flight was delayed and they wouldn't be able to see us before bed, but we were there in the morning and ate lunch with them at school the next day.  What a great week!

No comments: