Thursday, August 29, 2019

BAHA Surgery Part Four (Immediate Recovery)

T is now in recovery and we have gotten to see her.  She hasn't cried at all.  She was sleeping when we walked in, but quickly wanted a hug.  She has been saying funny things and asking the same questions over and over again.  I actually asked the nurse if she had a concussion.  She continues to say:  "Is my surgery over?"  "Did I sleep the WHOLE time?"  "What is this? (pointing to the dressing around her head)" "Did they put the magnet in?"  "Where is my magnet?"  "Where was the surgery?" "When am I going to watch TV?" "What is this for? (her IV and ox level things)"  I can't stress enough how sweet and hilarious this is.  Right after we saw her it was like she was on repeat with these questions.

Besides repeating things she is seeing double.  She asked the nurse, "Why do you have four eyes and two mouth-es?"  She said, "Daddy you have a head sitting on you.  See, look over.  You have two heads. See it right there."  She said, "I can't see my mind is blurry." She really wants to watch TV but we told he she needs to just see one set of things first. She is shaking her head back and forth to try to get it to not be fuzzy.

She is hilarious! 

Giving a wave to the camera.

Trying to sleep (no idea why this is upside down).

She has a super cute raspy voice from having the breathing tube in.  I love hearing her talk.

We have now turned the TV on and she is very content.  She was very upset that I told her she could watch TV and she had to wait.

We are going to be here a bit longer so she can feel more herself and have a popsicle which I guess she requested.


Watching more Paw Patrol. 

She is requesting a purple popsicle.   The popsicle came and is neon color.  Brandon asked her if it was good and she offered to share.  How generous.  He declined.

She is a happy girl!  



No comments: