Sunday, August 25, 2019

Mexico Sweet Mexico

Brandon and I have found our "happy place" in Nuevo Vallarta!  We traveled to the same resort for the fourth time in March.  We love the rhythm of our days on vacation.  We slow down... way down and talk, and relax, and read, and exercise, and soak up Vitamin D, and eat good food and just enjoy each other!  Don't worry Grand Mayan... we will be back soon! 

We take very few pictures, but the memories in our hearts are many.  I read eight books this year, a new record for me.  We had a delay in our return this year due to the grounding of planes earlier in the week.  This meant we were able to spend half of the travel day poolside.  Delightful.  

This year was special because Brandon turned 40 while we were in Mexico.  I still feel like we are 23, but I guess since we have been married almost 15 years we can't be quite that young anymore.  I am just to thankful that I get to live this adventure next to Brandon.  Marriage and life just keeps getting better and sweeter! 

We are so blessed to have this time together which could not happen without our wonderful parents! 

Getting ready to eat fajitas!  Literally our only photo together on this trip!

Our favorite pool area.

This stray cat looked too much like ours at home.  We had to take a picture!

After seeing the light show from our room and hearing it countless times, we finally ate at the restaurant that does the show.  So fun to watch.  I ate great fajitas there too.  I feel I must confess that I ate fajitas pretty much every night. They are my all time favorite food and the guacamole and fresh salsa (pico) was incredible.

It is really hard to capture images from the show, but I will post a few so you get the idea.





The fountains by our pool are so soothing at night. 

If you have heard me talk about our trips to Mexico you have probably heard me talk about the hummus.  The hummus is seriously the best I have ever had.  I have tried to find it here, but it is seriously only available in select stores in Mexico.  When we arrived I was silly and only bought one container.  It was quickly gone so I went back for more.  They told me that they were out until Saturday (we headed home on Sunday).  Since we learned that we would have more of our day in Mexico on Sunday I splurged and bought two containers on Saturday and ate them both in 24 hours.  In normal life I don't eat a lot of legumes, or any really... but when I can get this stuff there is no turning back! Now I am craving this amazingness right now!

Best.Hummus.Ever.

No comments: