Saturday, March 13, 2021

Christmas Eve 2020

 Our Christmas Eve looked pretty different this year.  We have had Charissa and her family over for our special Norwegian meal for a decade.  Not having them join us this year was pretty hard for me.  I think I was on the verge of tears a few times as I made the meatballs and gravy.  The kids and I had a lot of time alone during the day as Brandon had three spaced out services and was at church for much of the day.  We enjoyed playing games and watching a Christmas movie.  I think we watched a classic like Home Alone.  We really missed being at the Christmas Eve service.  We did watch it by the light of the Christmas tree and it had a special cozy feeling, but without all the congregational voices we have missed.  We forgot to take pictures of the meal or throughout the day, so all we have is a few pictures from the service.

Buttercup's first Christmas Eve service.

We could pretend we were there with them.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight... unless you have to set up all the presents...
 
 

No comments: