Tuesday, March 30, 2021

We blinked and she turned NINE!

 I still can't believe my sweet T is NINE!  How did that happen?  The years fly by so quickly.  She is still very much interested in many of the things she was when she turned 8.  She is still a thumb loving girl.  I am curious when this habit will end.  She is curious about all things and keeps a careful eye on pretty much everything in our home.  She can find hidden things at record speed.  She is almost always busy, always moving, always creating.  She sees potential in many things.  Her artistic spirit brings color to our days and stretches my fashion and decor comfort zones. T has done so well in homeschool this year.  She loves history and seems to absorb events quickly and eagerly.  Math and ELA come quite easily to her as well. Some days school is a challenge, but we often really enjoy our time of learning and snuggling up together.  We recently put up a ninja course in our basement and T shows incredible ninja skills.  T is now doing some in person and some virtual therapies.  She loves the zoom therapies because she gets to play games online.  Overall, she doesn't seem to miss school or friends and she is thankful to have less drama in her life.  T is passionate about everything she does.  I am so blessed that I had a front row seat to her life during the last year.  Hey T,  I love you so much! 

The day before T's Birthday we made a plan for the day.  She was very excited to have the day off from school on her Birthday.  We had sort of a "yes day"  with fun things planned all day!

T's Birthday started out a little sad for her... and it was essentially my fault.  I was worried that she would sneak downstairs early and want to open her presents, so I kept them hidden in my room.  When she came down early (as I suspected) and saw no gifts she thought I had forgotten her Birthday and she wasn't getting any gifts.  She was almost in tears when I found her.

 
T: I thought they forgot my Birthday.
After I assured her that I hadn't forgotten her Birthday and that the schedule she created the night before said 8:30 for gifts, not 6:00am she seemed a bit better.  She was extra happy that I decided to get my steps inside and she got to watch a Hallmark movie first thing in the morning. She looks so sweet curled up on the couch.  She now weighs in between 42 and 43 pounds, so she is really as small as she looks.
T: Watching a Hallmark movie made me feel better.
After a nice romance movie to start the day it was time time for gifts.  She had quite a haul and she was thrilled with what she got.  She loves most things, so buying gifts for her is pretty easy!  Opening gifts was hard for M, so he went and did some LEGO building in the kitchen for most of the opening and that actually worked out quite well.

She looks so grown up!

Excited about more books in her favorite series.
 
 
T: Crafting stuff!  Yes!!!

T: A fashionista Barbie!  Yahoo!

T: My ukulele arrived the next day so I just got to see a picture.
 
 
Sunshine:  A box!  My favorite!
Buttercup:  Wrapping paper.  My favorite!  (Also, look at the snow, as high as the patio table!
T: Thanks for the rollerblades Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Daryl!
 
T: I practiced a lot on my Birthday.
 
After opening all of her gifts, I made the kids pancakes.  I think the kids listened to Odyssey while I showered etc.  I can't exactly remember all that we did.  I know that T did Facetime with my parents and talked to Brandon's parents too.

 
T: I took a picture of them during facetime.
 
T:  Mom and I made some fancy chocolates for my Birthday.  They were not as tasty as I was hoping they would be.
 
In the afternoon the kids had some time apart.  T had an in person meeting with her therapist from 2:00-3:00 then M had a zoom mentor session from 4:00-5:00.  Brandon came home at 4:30 and took T to Michael's craft store.  They were there for quite a while.  It is T's favorite place in the world.  She loves to look at everything and plan out what she will buy. 
 
On the way home they stopped at Culver's drive-thru for dinner. Brandon had a meeting that night so we had a fast dinner and cake before he left. 
 
T: I love Culvers!

Mid bite picture...

M:  Culver's GF buns are great!!


T really wanted to have a "Jello cake" and a two layer cake.  If you know anything about poke cakes, you know they are very heavy and stacking them is tricky... and probably not recommended.  The layers were falling apart and the cake actually was held together (not well) with frosting.  I guess it tasted OK which is the main thing, right?
She likes lighting candles quite a bit.

Awww

One more because I like this one too!

Blowing out the candles.
  


M needed to blow out the candles too!

 While Brandon was at the meeting we watched a movie about a billionaire dog and a man who could either read his mind/hear him speak.  Much like M's Birthday movie pic, I fell asleep during this movie as well.  After the movie we started crafting while listening to music.  It was quite a lovely day. I am thankful that I was able to spend this special day with my special girl.  I am thankful that M had time with a mentor and time alone with me while T was shopping.  I think it helped him to have a much better day too.  This is by far the best he has ever done on T's Birthday.  Please join me in praying that this year will be a wonderful year of learning and growing and great joy for our T!


No comments: