Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cute Cats... Costly Cats!

I  decided to make one post of February cat pictures.  We take way too many pictures of our cats even though they are so much sweeter and cuter in person than in photos.  They are often startled by the camera/movement and quit laying in their sweet positions right before the shot. 

Sunshine:  You set out a box, and I am there... a cake pan works too.

Buttercup: You lay out a blanket and I am there!
Buttercup:  This thing can get pretty loud.  I don't really like that.

Sunshine:  I would be fine just laying here, but the entertainment is nice too.

Sunshine:  Actually, watching her play across the room is great.
 
That paw!

The cats have chosen their people and this is pretty much how it looks most of the time.
 
I went back in the room later and got an action shot of the kids reading and the cats sleeping.   I just couldn't decide which to share so I am sharing both.
Two are focused.  Two are relaxed.
 
Buttercup staring out the window and sitting like this.  Sunshine facing away from humans in the middle of nowhere... this picture represents them so well!
 
 
On February 18th (Yes, I know that is getting ahead of T's Birthday, but I needed to for this cat post) we noticed that the string on T's Birthday balloon was much shorter after dinner than before dinner... like a yard shorter.  We decided that we were quite sure that Buttercup ate it and we should maybe take him to the vet so they could induce vomit.  A trip to the ER and two rounds of meds later... he didn't vomit.  This crazy cat helps us contribute to the local economy!  

On February 21st, after dissecting stool samples for more than two days, we found the ribbon.  Of course I needed to document this crazy affair.  It was all in one clump.  Sadly, Buttercup hasn't learned a thing.  Last night when cleaning out the litter I found something red and learned he ate the entire drawstring from a kitchen trash bag.  I guess each day he lives really is a gift!
When you are happy and grossed out at the same time!

This is what loyalty looks like.  Sunshine lays near Brandon's seat when he guesses Brandon will be coming home for lunch!

This is Sunshine's favorite spot.  You can find him on Brandon's lap multiple times a day!

No comments: