Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Joys in January

Here's to twenty little events squeezed into one post!

The kids like to play Chicken Foot, but there is always a great concern about siblings seeing each other's dominoes.  This picture is T's domino protection tower.  Yes, she built this tower to store her dominoes during a game.  Pretty intense, huh?

Can you spy her Dominoes? Actually, I can see them through the tower.  Don't tell T!
 
 One of our dear friends makes excellent candied pecans.  He has given some to our family a few times this year.  The kids love them so much that they both independently asked for them as future Christmas and Birthday gifts! 
M and T:  This is the best thing we have ever eaten.
 
 

We buy peanuts in the shell to feed the squirrels, great entertainment for our human and feline children!

 
T: I was feeling grown up so I needed a picture.

Sunshine:  This is a cozy place to lay and there is no room for you.
 
As I organized cabinets and closets this December and January, I kept noticing the fridge.  I removed many things from it's sides and decided to hang up one of each of our Christmas cards.  It is fun to have them all together and to see how much the children have changed through the years.
I hope we are not aging as quickly as our children.


Sunshine:  I can't wait until dinner is over so I can sit on his lap.


A different night, and an even more popular lap!

M and T: Take our picture, we are ready for bed!

We watched a lot of football in January.  We let the kids stay up to watch the game to see if the Chiefs would be in the Super Bowl.  We all got ready for bed and got cozy.

Cozy football cuddles.

Ten minutes later I was asleep and both kids were up for the entire second half! 

In late January M received some special mail.  He was missing a part from this BIG Christmas LEGO (not LEGO) set.  In all honesty, there is a slight to moderate chance that a mom I know might have tossed them thinking they were junk.  Either way, we were able to get a replacement part from China and we were all very thankful! 

M: Yahoo!!!  They came!!!!
 
Another day, another nap!
 
 
Perhaps the cats were thirsty?!
 
T came downstairs one morning and said, "Oh no!  Do you think I over did it?"  
Those eyes!

Beauty comes from within, but her application skills are pretty impressive!


T: Let me show you all the cool features of this vehicle I designed.
We finished another puzzle, our first in a while!
 
T: After reading Ramona I needed to walk on stilts just like her!

I freely admit that sometimes I get way more excited about a Sunday School craft than I should be.  This "Last Supper" with egg cartons as a base was so cool that I wanted my picture with the sample!  If any family/friends wants the template, let me know.  It is a great craft to do over Spring Break!
Who knew that egg cartons could be such a great base for the Last Supper?

M:  I cant' believe it, my LEGO car is complete!  It is HUGE!

 
T: Mom, come take a picture of my beard!
T: Do you like my fruit pattern?
Looks like good napping conditions in the family room!
3/3 love naps!

No comments: