Thursday, September 14, 2017

Factory of Fun

As I mentioned in the previous post, during week two of Safety Town, the whole family was also involved in VBS in some way each morning.  We were there from about 7:45-12:15 each morning. VBS is only 3 hours, but I would get there early to set up and stay after to get reorganized. This year we did a special pre-school VBS for the first time ever.  It took a lot of work and energy, but it was a great experience!  This year we had one whole day without electricity.  It was hardest on the preschoolers who were a bit frightened in our basement classrooms.  It was an added adventure for sure.


The calm before the storm!

How to build a robot!

The design crew did a great job on this guy!

A few kids showed up... well over 100, but I don't remember the exact number.

Brandon always plays a wacky-clueless character in the skits.  

Another day, another dose of wacky!
Ladies, hands off... he's taken ;)  I sure love his willingness to be crazy for the kids!

T: I loved Preschool VBS!

T: See, I know how to share!
This year each day after we said the Bible theme we shouted "WOW, GOD!"  Well, I decided to teach the pre-schooler how to make "WOW" with their fingers and mouth.  They were a bit confused, but it saved my voice a little.
WOW GOD!!!

M: I was so so so glad to be in Deb's crew this year!

I loved getting to hear what these kids thought about things!!!
*Sidenote that I have to share.  On day one I was telling them the Creation Story and got to the climax of the story and showed them a floor length mirror tipped sideways. I said, "Guys, THIS is the most exciting part of creation."  One kid sat in awe and said, "... a mirror."  After I died laughing inside I told them the faces in the mirror were the best part, but mirrors are cool.  Those kids kept me on my toes. Three hours with 30 pre-schoolers was very exhausting!

You are so very loved M!

M had a great crew this year!

M: We were making our animal action!

Our little friend T is pretty curious about Brandon's outfit!

T: I LOVE seeing Daddy's skits.  I always yell hello to him!

Brandon made this "awesome" invention!

M: Hanging out with big girls is my favorite!


No comments: