Wednesday, September 20, 2017

His first bike race!

Our town hosts a bike race in June.  M wanted to participate in the kids race.  We didn't realize that he would be the youngest and smallest in his race and also be using a much smaller bike than the other kids.  These factors led him to come in last and not feel good about things for a while, but he enjoyed watching the men race and that helped change his mood. 


M: I was VERY nervous when I saw how big everyone else was. 

M: See, I was feeling a little small. 

Almost ready to race. 

T: I got to announce the race.  It was really fun!

M: I worked really hard!

M: I tried to keep up with my friend C. 

M: Everyone was so big. 

M: They gave me a cow bell!
After the race it was time to eat chicken wings and watch the men race.  It is pretty intense to watch and I keep thinking that a crash is about to happen.


And they're off!!!


One of the first rounds. 

They were a blur around corners!

The race has a huge hill that the bikers must go up over and over again.  Some friends like to sit on the hill to cheer on the bikers.  This biker gave the kids high fives as be biked past.  He happens to have the same kind of bike as Brandon so we figured that is why he was so friendly! 


The race is a fun family event!

No comments: