Saturday, September 30, 2017

Embracing 36!

Exactly two months ago I celebrated my 36th Birthday.  Birthdays are a much bigger deal to my five year old than they are to me, but since she lives with me, I get some extra celebrating too. 

This year my Birthday was on a Sunday.  Normally that would mean that I would have been on kid duty while Brandon prepped for church stuff, BUT not this year.  Brandon was on sabbatical and he was there for all the Sunday morning fun.  While on sabbatical we went and visited different area churches so we had extra time to relax before preparing for church.  

As is T's custom, she made me many cards and wrapped up some of her own things so that I would have something to open! 

T: I couldn't wait for Mommy to open the presents!
T: I did my own wrapping!

T: I sure love my mom!

Check out this amazing writing!

Special days are hard for someone in our family, but I am thankful that he was willing to take  a picture!

After the presents were open we got ready for church.  T had plenty of things to bring along.  We ended sitting in the front row of a very large church.  I guess that is what my kids are used to!

T: You never know what you might need!

After church we went to a friends house for lunch.  It was so nice to spend time with friends on a special day.  As an added bonus, they watched the kids for a couple of hours so Brandon and I could go for a walk down by the Lake!  As usual, I was struck by the fact that I get to live here in this amazing place!

The view looking back at our community!
The view looking out onto the water!

The afternoon found me not feeling well so Brandon sacrificially took the kids out for dinner at Culvers while I cuddled on the couch and had a long phone chat with my mom!

M: These gluten free buns are GREAT!

After Culvers the kids really wanted to have some cuddle and book time so I ended the day reading books to my sweet kiddos.  What a special day!

I sure do love these two!

No comments: