Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Get Outside Day!

As a mom of two kids with lots of energy,  I try to locate fun and engaging activities of them to do  pretty much all the time.  My kids THRIVE when they are active and outside our home.  Back on July 22nd (a Saturday) I tried to pack in WAY TOO MUCH!  We got it all in, but it was a bit crazy!  

Our day started with a very fun event at the Children's Center.  T loved it and M tolerated it.  Then it was time for Get Outside Day.  Brandon met us there and we had a range of joy and sorrow.  T had a pool playdate planned and we were so behind schedule.  Amazingly as we were leaving we spotted our wonderful friends who hang out with M each week and they agreed to let him stay with them for a while.  It was AMAZING!  

T had a great afternoon at the pool and I got to know the mom of some of her good friends.  Brandon got to work on his last sermon before sabbatical and M got to stay at Get Outside Day.  

So... what exactly was this event?  It was a day to enjoy time outside doing 4 wheelings/ ATV driving, target practice, archery, learn about land and animals, test out some bird calls and much much more hunting and outdoor related fun.  We will plan a lot more time into our schedule for this event next year!

Face paint and turkey hats!!!

T: I could not wait to ride with Daddy!

T: We are ready to rock!

T: I held on tight and screamed the WHOLE TIME!

M: I got to ride by myself.  First the guy held a rope behind me. 

M: Then I did it all by myself!

T: Is this alive? 

T: Nope, it is deadl! 

Great fun outside, but I hope we never actually own one!  

No comments: