Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Chilly Sunday (Week 12)

Sunday June 7th was an exciting day at our house.  I woke up with a message that we had new info in our MyChart for M.  We were happy to see that his test came back negative and we could stop worrying about that. 


After receiving this news, I went on my walk and Brandon texted me to let me know that I had forgotten that T really wanted to walk with me that day.  Thankfully I was very close to home and she joined me for the last third of the walk.  It was so precious to talk and walk with her.  We held hands the whole time.  

After getting ready for the day we had church part one at home.  We are still having 9:00am church online.  Brandon records the messages on Thursdays and the service premiere on Sundays.  I walked into the family room about 30 seconds before the service started and I saw all three of my favorite people happily reading and waiting. 

I love my readers!!!

After online church we spent time getting ready for outdoor in person parking lot church.  The kids were very excited about being with other people.  In the end, not too many kids were there, but I think they still liked being among other people.

As you can see, we were very distanced, which I liked!
After church we came home and had lunch and relaxed a bit and then headed over to our neighbor's house to watch a very special parade.  This year the Sr. class did a car parade and the community came out and cheered.  It was such a special event.  The cars and trucks were decorated and posters on them stated what the students would be doing post high school.  It was inspiring for the kids.  T had lots of fun cheering for each person by name.  Not every senior chose to be in it, but over 200 were, so it was a nice little parade.  It started and ended with emergency vehicles.

It's starting!

A sample of the parade! 

We stayed at the neighbors for quite a while which gave Brandon a nice chance to have some Brandon time :)  When we came home the kids asked if they could go fishing downtown while I made dinner.  We decided that would be a good idea!

M:  First we tried fishing on the rocks. 

Beautiful view and girl! 

A happy fisherman. 

It was a nice full weekend.  The temps on Sunday were in the low 50's.  Sadly, the cold temps caused us to forget about putting sunscreen on our faces for outdoor church.  We all got a little crispy and learned a valuable lesson about the importance of sunscreen, even when it is cold. 

No comments: