Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Last Day of School/Teacher Parade/Water fight (Week 12)

June 5th was the last day of school for the year.  Even though the kids had been home for 12 weeks doing virtual learning, school was officially done on the 5th.  The teachers celebrated with an additional teacher parade.  Both kids were excited to wave to their teachers. 

M and T:  Hi Mrs G (first grade teacher)

M: Bye Mrs. D.  Thanks for a great year in 4th grade. 

T: I sure am glad you were my teacher Mrs. M!

It was a very warm day, so our next door neighbors asked if we wanted to have a water fight.  That is such a classic last day of school thing to do, so we said yes!  I joined in a little bit, but we have really good soakers so teams were not fair.  I was perfectly happy sitting on the step and taking pics.

M: I really soaked them!

After the kids were soaked from the water fight, I remembered that we needed to take last day of school pics by the mailbox.  I forgot that the kids were wearing backpacks on the first day so they were standing farther away from the mailbox.  The recent pictures almost make it look like the kids are shorter now than the beginning of the school year.  This is not true.  They have grown in every way!  I tried to convince them to take another round of pictures the next day, but they insisted that these were fine.


1st day of 2nd Grade!

Last day of 2nd Grade!

1st Day of 4th Grade!
Last day of 4th Grade!

After the water fight the kids had a movie with snacks and then we had homemade pizza for dinner.  After dinner my family made a massage train.  M wasn't quite sure about the intensity of Brandon's massages.

M: Oh boy!

M: Oh AHH

We made it through the craziest school year ever!!!  Yahooo M and T!!!!!!

No comments: