Sunday, June 14, 2020

Safer at home Week 11

Week 11 was a pretty uneventful week at our house.  Brandon had his second retina attachment surgery on Tuesday and then after just a couple of days with his head down, he was about to join right back into normal life for the most part.

Even when Brandon had his head down he didn't stop working.  He rigged his laptop and keyboard in a perfect way so he could continue to work and zoom and all of his regular commitments.  He handles things so well and really took zero minutes off besides when he was in surgery!

Very creative!
Sometimes T likes to wear fancy dresses on a random Wednesday!

Each year in our area at the very end of May, I like to stop and smell the flowers... literally.  There is an incredible OLD lilac bush on my walking route.  I am so thankful that they don't cut it down.  I can't stand the smell of most lilacs.  They are way too strong for me.  This antique lilac is the only one I have found on my route that has more of a sweet fruity smell and isn't so perfume like.  I drink it in deeply.  It blooms for such a short time each year, but I stop and fully inhale each day it blooms and look forward to its smell all spring long. 

My favorite Lilacs!!!

One day T and I were cuddling in the cat's room and we spotted our boys being too cute!
They are best buds!

T: I needed to lay with them!
Weeks ago T decided to put glitter (LOTS of glitter) in her hair.  It will not come out.  It is as if it is glued to her scalp.  Brandon noticed it and captured it.

Glitter scalp after many washings. 

One Saturday morning we decided to pull all the netting out of our new grass.  It was a bigger job than I imagined and it wasn't until I was taking this picture that it occurred to me that Brandon should possibly not have done that much more right after surgery.

Hauling hay bales to the garage. 

We finally mowed the new grass for the first time yesterday, but it was't quite ready to be mowed a couple weeks ago.  We have a foot or two of long grass around the patio, so M mowed that.  It was fun to watch him mow and wonderful to get the tall grass taken care of.  I think it was almost as tall as T!

M: This is hard, but fun!

No comments: