Friday, June 19, 2020

Fishing with mom. (Summer Vacation 1)

Last Tuesday (June 9th)I took the kids fishing to the same spot they had fished at the day before.  This was their third day of fishing in a row!  I don't have a fishing license, so they had to do everything on their own.  Being someone who likes to follow the law, I actually made T carry her rod all the way to the car when she had a knot in the line.  I didn't want to touch the rod near the water.  

The kids had MANY nibbles and each caught about five or so fish.  It was an enjoyable late morning. The temps were a bit chilly, but we were comfortable. 

Getting started!

Fishing safely. 

Her first fish. 

His first fish.

It seemed that every time I was running to the car to get something or turning around to talk to M, T was doing something a bit impulsive.  The picture below shows how she was perched when I turned around one time.  Of course I had to take a picture before asking her to get down.

T: This is a very comfortable way to fish.  It is totally safe.  I KNOW I won't fall in!

No comments: