Tuesday, June 16, 2020

M's first COVID test (Week 12)

On Thursday June 4th I spoke with M's Dr. and he felt the time had come for M to take a COVID test.  We had to drive about 30 minutes to go to a testing site, but we were able to get an appointment that day and the process was quite simple.  The kids and I had a little trouble figuring out where to go.  I might have gone around a book 3 or 4 times when it was all said and done. 

The tech told M the test would just feel like a tickle.  We knew that it didn't feel like a tickle for Brandon so we were expecting it to be pretty intense.  The tech told us that pre-procedural tests are much more intense which explains why Brandon had such a bad experience.  


M: I was a little nervous, but they told me it would just tickle. 

M: It really was just a tickle, only the very tip went in my nose. 

They told us we would have the results in 2-5 days and we were free to go.  It was very simple and we were sent home to wait.

They didn't let me take pictures during the most recent test.  I am not sure if they recently changed a policy or if it varies by location, but I guess it is sort of cool that we have these pics to document this season of drive through testing for COVID-19.

No comments: