Wednesday, October 11, 2017

All about M!

This is a mixture of M photos from the entire summer.  Some of them happened in August, but some as early as June.  M had a very programmed summer.  He thrives in highly structured, highly active environments so we worked to achieve both!  These photos are such a mix of random events.  M is really growing up and it is fun to see him be brave, trust, learn new skills, and love on his buddies. 


M got a splinter in his finger and after playing the waiting game for a while was finally willing to let Brandon remove it.  Brandon used the little light that melts candle wax to perform the surgery.  M did very well. 
M: I stood very still. 

M: T comforted me while Daddy worked. 
M: Some days are so hard that you need eyeblack to express your feelings. 

M: We played a lot of card games this summer!

M loves his time with our dear friends each week.  K and J are such good buddies for him.


M: I'm flying!

My amazing friend Bridget's daughter invited us to her graduation party this summer.  Sadly, her parents were not able to attend the party.  They were bringing her little brother K home from Ethiopia.  M loves the whole family and was thrilled to celebrate with A.  A is a great runner and is running in college.  She was in the paper a lot in high school and M loved to stare at her photos. I was LOVING the Ethiopian food that A cooked.  Yum, yum, yum.


M: A is the most famous person I know. 

M: J helped me get started...

M: ... then I could do it myself.

M: Daddy and I went on a dinner date!
During the last day of Park it rained at I had to get M early.  His best buddy L came over to play.  They wanted to look like real boxers so they put on their bike shorts. Ha!

M: We were working hard!

M: Look at how strong we are!

M doesn't play with Legos too much, so we wanted to make sure to document his creation!

M: Check out my awesome boat!

After YEARS of waiting, K finally came home (brother to A mentioned above).  M could not wait to see him.  Yes, we went there on the same day we went to the fair (note the face paint). I knew that if we didn't go that day we would be traveling for weeks and not get to see him.  The boys already have such a special bond.  They were born quite near each other in Ethiopia and if you catch their smiles just right, they look quite a bit alike!  K is taller than M, but they are in the same grade.  Once they get to middle school they will be in the same building.  M can't wait!

M: I just know K and I will be great friends!

M: After watching construction for months, they finally put some tar on the road.  Now it is great for biking!

No comments: