Saturday, January 28, 2017

Reading Grinches, Gingerbread Men and Skating!

In between all of the big and special events of December we had other little special happenings.  This post is odds and ends of many December events.  

T was the Star Student one week in December.  I got to go in and read her class a book and she was able to bring a poster and other special things. One day she was able to bring a "healthy snack to share."  This became quite an undertaking.  I am NOT a Pinterest mom. I did find this pretty simple "Grinch" snack on Pinterest and my attempt was not a fail  It was expensive as the fruit was very high priced this time of year and the GF pretzels were always breaking and multiple bags had to be used, but we got the job done and they turned out well.  M was not happy to pause from reading to take the pic.  

T: I love the Grinch snack.  M: Why do you need a picture mom? 
M was invited to be a part of a book club in December.  Kids who are ready for chapter books get to meet weekly with a librarian and discuss the book.  It was so heartwarming to see my little man reading a chapter book on the couch!

M:  It was a pretty funny book!
M and T:  Sometimes we get along really well!
One night the kids decided to make play doh gingerbread men.  So much less work than the real ones!
M: I loved my little guy!
Great details!
T has really gotten into coloring.  During a Dr. visit at Children's T colored the below picture on her own.  I am so proud of her.
T: I like to use lots of colors!

M: I made this rocket on my own!

T: Do you like my HUGE castle?
One day after another Dr. appointment (we had 15 in a six week time) T decided to watch a movie and eat lunch.  She wanted me close so we curled up together! She was watching the Nutcracker on Ice from the 90's.  My favorite olympic skaters were a part of it.

T: There were so many pretty girls!
T: I told Daddy to take a picture of the TV so everyone could see the pretty girl!
T: Mommy tired to wear these on a cold walk.  I loved wearing them around the house. 

The kids worked together to get T ready to skate in the basement.  It is so sweet when they decide to get along and have fun together.  Those are treasured moments!
T: Thank you for helping me M!  That is really nice of you! 
M: OK T, I think you are ready!  Stand up! 

T: Do you like the way I styled Daddy's hair? 

No comments: