Saturday, February 2, 2019

A fall visit from the Grands!

Brandon's parents came to visit the first weekend of November!  It was a blessing to be able to spend time with them.  The kids got to have some special adventures with them as well. We had a half day of school on Friday and Tom and Judy got up very early on that morning so they could be here to meet the kids after school.  The kids were both SO VERY EXCITED to see their grandparents! 

T: I always want to make volcanos!

T: We tried a new experiment this time. 
M: Grandma Judy gives great back rubs. 
Since it was the first weekend of the month, Tom and Judy took the kids to Home Depot and out to lunch at Culvers on Saturday!

T: It is fun to be here with Grandma and Grandpa.

M: Thanks for the help Grandpa. 
M: I am not sure what Grandma Judy is doing here. 
*Update: I just learned that Grandma Judy was showing M an experiment where you suck on two straws one in the liquid and one out and you can't get any liquid to come into your mouth. 

On Sunday after church, Sunday school, and lunch we all went bowling.  Judy didn't bowl and I think next time I will opt out too.  It is super fun for about two frames and then my hands hurt a lot and I can barely knock down a pin.

Our scores!

The family!

Not the best pic of all of us, but we are all in the shot. 

Car racing after bowling. 

Sometime while we were at the bowling alley, T's beloved frog tired disappeared.  We have not found it since.  We searched every inch of the bowling alley and called multiple times to see if it turned up.   Sadly, losing the blanket was the start of her rubbing her hair while sucking her thumb vs. rubbing a tag.  This has led to more sucking of her thumb than ever.  Some day she will stop... we all hope that day is soon.

I did a lot of cooking over the weekend.  I was in the middle of my first Whole30 and I wanted to made really tasty meals for Tom and Judy.  While I was cooking Brandon and Tom and the kids invented some sort of catch game where they try to distract Grandpa Tom.  They were all laughing and really enjoying themselves!



T: I am trying to get the ball M.

T:  I will cover up his face.  M:  I will lay on him so he can't get up!

Tom and Judy left on Monday morning after the kids went to school.  We had a very good weekend together.  Brandon asked for a quick picture with his parents before they left.  What a great idea!

A good looking group!


No comments: