Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hearing Event

Our Sweet T has been home for over six years, and we continue to learn more about the way her body works and learns and services that she can take advantage of.  In 2018 I learned about a special group of people who puts on events for children who are deaf and hard of hearing.  We were finally able to make it to our first event in December.  We all had a great time and feel so blessed to be a part of this new community!  T and I get to do another special event later this month. 


They had a room full of obstacles.

T: The challenge course was pretty easy. 

M: The beanbag toss was harder than you would think. 

The theme of the event was The Polar Expess and a team of adults acted out the book.  They did a great job.  Everything spoken was also signed which was fascinating to both of my children. 

Both children  had some face painting done as well.


The highlight of the event was the balloon shapes.  These men were incredible at their art!

M: I wanted to watch him all day!

M: He is making my Dragon!

M: Pretty cool huh? 

T: I got a kitten in honor of our cats. 

Cookie decorating was so much fun.  They made cookies for their buddies. 

T: We should have an area like this in the new church (she begged me to take a picture for that reason)

M: Take another picture mom!

T: I love my kitten!

In addition to all of the fun I was able to pick out LEGO's for M and a Melissa and Doug art set for T.   Everything was free.  Everyone was beyond welcoming.  What a very special day.  

The day was supposed to be a Christmas trifecta of fun with church decorating in the morning and the Christmas parade and fireworks at night, but it rained all day and with temps threatening to drop a bit they didn't want anyone in the parade to fall and get hurt, so the parade and fireworks were canceled. 

We still had a great day!


No comments: