Saturday, February 2, 2019

The First Snow

We had a very snow free winter until a couple of weeks ago.  Our first snow actually came early this year, well before Thanksgiving. We were shocked that we actually had a bit of accumulating snow so early.  We were excited about the cats first time seeing the snow.  They were marginally impressed.  

Buttercup is intrigued. 

Then they decided to lay on me while I enjoyed the falling snow. 

That afternoon this guy wouldn't let me put him down so he was on my back for a long time!

We have discovered that a HUGE perk of Brandon biking indoors in the winter is that I can walk outdoors while he bikes.  Because I don't want to walk in the total darkness I often get up at 6:00 and shower and then walk and get home right at 8:00.  Then we get the kids off to school and have accomplished much quite early in the day.  This doesn't happen every day, but I am thankful each time it does happen.  I have gotten to see a lot of great views on these walks.  Another post of the views will be coming up.
Sunrise over the Lake with a fresh snow.  How blessed are we to live in this place! 

No comments: