Sunday, May 24, 2020

7 inches of rain in one day (Week 9)

Sunday was a very rainy day.  We got over 7 inches of rain in 24 hours.  It also rained/misted most of the day on Monday and Tuesday(18-19th).  So much rain!

On Sunday afternoon I was noticing how much the new grass was growing.  It is actually showing up on photos now.  

Green grass coming in!

After looking at the grass I noticed that parts of our backyard looked like a lake.  Then I noticed some major drainage issues on the church roof.  

This is a bad pic, but you can see the water gushing over the gutter.  

I told Brandon I was just going to take a quick look in the church basement to make sure there was no flooding.  It didn't take long before I was calling him details about water in various places.  It was mainly just tiny areas, but we found six places.  Brandon did some vacuuming and fans were found and a man from church put some boards over a window.  We are projected to get 7 days of rain in the coming days so hopefully we won't have more leaking.

A tiny bit of standing water. 

Water was running in the window in the "baby nursery"


No comments: