Sunday, May 17, 2020

A Monday night ride (Week 9)

As I mentioned in a previous post, the bike crashes have intensified with each ride.  Brandon and the kids hit the trails and T was the first to fall.  After the fall her bike pedal stuck into the side of the hill.  She had to work quite a bit to get it out.  

T: Come on bike.  Get out of there.
After doing some trails the kids decided to ride their bikes on a skateboard ramp.  It held lots of adventure promise, but ended up being quite a let down when injury happened.  Brandon took a burst of photos so we had countless images to choose from.  I am sharing a few pictures so you get an idea of what happened. 

M: Heading in the curve I felt good about things. 

M: I could tell I was a little high. 

M: Oh dear!  This isn't looking good!

M: Yikes!  This hurts!

M:  I was sure I broke a rib. 

T: I decided to take it nice and easy after M's fall. 

Biking up the big hill to our house left T with no energy.  She collapsed at the bottom of our driveway.

T:  I was totally worn out.  

They came in the house eager to show me pictures, but as M was talking about his injury he was feeling more and more rib pain.  Interesting how that happens, isn't it? He was convinced he should be taken to the ER.  I researched it and convinced him there was nothing that could be done for broken ribs.  Thankfully the rib pain lessened quite a bit by the next morning, and by Tuesday evening he was ready to bike again!

No comments: