Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Military flyover and biking (Week 9)

Last Tuesday (5/12) M came flying into the family room with very exciting news!  He was almost bouncing when he informed us that we were going to be able to see a military plane flyover that night!  We tried to help him prepare for it not being all that he imagined, but he just kept getting more and more excited.  We ate an early dinner and they were off!  Brandon took the kids down to the Lake to watch as we heard that they were following the lake heading north.  


M: We arrived plenty early!

Our beautiful harbor and lighthouse. 

If you double click you can see them well!

Four planes!  M LOVED IT!!!

Off they go! (double click)

I was able to see the planes from the kitchen window as I washed dishes.  They flew very close to our house.  I have it admit, it was a bit thrilling to see them.  

After the flyover the kids were eager to do a bit more trail riding.  They love the mountain bike trails.  Thankfully, M's ribs were feeling better and he wanted to ride again.

M: This is so much fun!

M: I am getting better at crossing the creeks. 

T: I love walking in the water.  I even brought along water shoes. 

M: I love the excitement of flying down the hills.

This post sure sounds like a lovely night... but there is more to the story.  Shortly after this photo was taken and injury happened and I was called for a pick up.  Stay tuned for the next post.

No comments: