Friday, May 22, 2020

Mom's turn (Week 9)

On Friday afternoon I wanted to get outside with the kids before the expected rains. I had to convince M to bike at all, as he was pretty nervous to get back on after the crash.  Once we started the ride he became much more confident and asked to go on the trails at the creek.  I agreed, but suggested we stick to the major trails and not the narrower ones.  When he saw the first off road option he took it, and suddenly I was on a much more bumpy trail than I am used to.  It was fun to see what the kids often do without me, though I am told that the trail we did was VERY tame compared to their trails.  I was nervous about popping a tire.  I know my cautiousness annoyed my children. 

I hope I can bike with the kids again soon and that we have many summer biking adventures. 

We stopped by the creek to take some pics.  Interestingly, that creek was all flooded two days later.  

Love this kid!

Not your typical biking crew!

No comments: