Sunday, May 3, 2020

Safer at home week 6

Safer at home week 6 ran from Monday April 20th to Sunday April 26th.  This means I am blogging about things that happened LAST WEEK!!  My plan moving forward is to add photos into blogger on Sunday nights and then share those photos throughout the following week.  Our phones really struggle to sync with Lightroom (a photo program on our computer) so it is a battle each time.  I am thankful for Brandon's willingness to make it work!  My last upload from the phones was on Thursday the 23rd, so some photos from late last week will appear in a later post. 

Monday, April 20th - 
I have already posted two posts from the 20th that you can scroll up to check out.  Here are some other exciting Monday happenings.  The cats LOVE the high table that has taken up residence in our living room.  We brought it home during Brandon's in house sermons and it has stayed.  

Buttercup:  I pretend this is my tree!
Now that we have very little places to go, gas prices are dropping.  Charissa's husband David saw gas for under a dollar a gallon.  I read that some places in our area were as low as .75/gallon!  The cheapest it has been here is 1.29.  Brandon filled up the car (it wasn't totally empty) for under $11.  If feels like prices from my college days once again!  
Is this real life? 

Monday was an eventful day.  We spent quite a bit of time outside.  T discovered a bug that she investigated and created a habitat for.

Can you see her? 

While she checked out the bug I checked out our winter view of the Lake.  Can you see it? 

What a cutie!

While we were conserving carrots and cooking and baking and playing outside and doing school work, a landscape crew was prepping our yard for grass.

Getting ready for grass!

T: Our yard looks HUGE now!  

We were amazed what a difference it made once everything was leveled and the tarp things were removed.  It does feel like the yard will be a decent size again some day.  

On Monday night I finished reading the kids a book of funny things kids say.  They both decided they wanted a little containment while I read.  It didn't last too long.

T: I like to be cozy when mom reads!
Tuesday, April 21st - 
On Tuesday afternoon the kids and I played a long game of LIFE.  We all got along well and enjoyed the game.  M came away the big winner because he had the most "Lifetiles"

LIFE scores.  

We don't let the kids have candy too often, so we still have quite a bit of Christmas candy.  M gave Brandon this huge peppermint stick to suck on.  Brandon sucked on it a few times, but said his whole mouth could feel it.

An interesting look for my husband. 

Wednesday, April 22nd -

Today was Earth Day.  Today we had grass planted in our yard and also a new tree planted in the backyard.  It is exciting to think that we are getting closer to having a backyard we can actually play in and enjoy! 

Grow fast please!
Thursday, April 23rd - 
On Thursday, T decided to do school in the basement in a fort.  She needed to wear a headlamp to see.  I was game for a change of pace. 

T:  I love my new school room. 
A special post about Thursday afternoon is coming up next...

No comments: