Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday Biking Adventure (Week 7)

Temps in our area rose into the low 70's last weekend.  It was a precious gift to be outdoors without coats or even long sleeves.  I actually did my morning walk without a jacket.  Soon after I arrived at home Brandon and the kids headed out for a bike adventure.  They went to a nature preserve, on actual trails, and on some homemade mountain bike trails.  There was some complaining early on, but overall they had an amazing screen free morning outside. They came home wet, dirty and crying (T), but they had many stories to tell. 

T: We saw my favorite pup at the start of our ride.  

T:  The weather was perfect for playing in the creek. 

Am I think only one who thinks this kid is looking more grown up every day? 

T: Hey, I have a really good idea about that branch...

T: This is perfect for gymnastics. 

T: I like posing for pictures. 

M and T:  This is a fun adventure. 

Sometimes they biked near the water. 

Adventure Seekers. 

Crossing the creek. 

T: I saw the tree and I just needed to climb it!

T: Come on M, you can cross this!

M: Here I come!!
There were many many photos between the photo above and the photo below.  In each photo M is getting more and more off track until finally he has to get off the bike (with shoes and socks on) and walk it across.
M:  This wasn't the most fun part of the day. 

M: Looks like we are going to have to carry our bikes over this guy. 

Another tree, another pose.

T: Trees can be dangerous.  (She wasn't actually injured)

This is an extreme bike ride!

T: Hmm, how are we going to cross this? 

M: I really don't want to fall in again!

Super Dad!!!!

Finally they make it back to the main trail and T has a crash right in the middle of the trail!

T: "When I get home, can I just run to mom and cry?"  (Actual quote)
It is amazing that all these trails are just a mile or two from our home and inside of the community we live in.  We are blessed indeed.  

No comments: