Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Snow Day and a phone rescued by a hearing aid!

*a little break from the photo blogs for a real time post*

This week has been unique.  We have been making up for a winter without snow in just one week's time.  On Monday we had lake affect snow and on Tuesday is started snowing in the afternoon and snowed for almost 24 straight hours.  It is so beautiful here!  The snow is so lovely!

On Tuesday night I was happily watching This Is Us and folding clothes.  I have been trying to drink more water these days which means that I often need to run to the bathroom during commercials.  Well, my phone was in my back pocket and it popped out into the toilet.  I pulled it out immediately and screamed for Brandon.  He took the case off and we dried it and put it on rice.  About an hour later he remembered T's special drying beads for her hearing aid.  We took the phone out of the rice bag and put it into a bag with the hearing aid drying beads and then let it sit.

I woke up many times in the night praying for the phone haha.  It is a big deal for our little family financially.  In the morning I woke up and showered and Brandon informed me that school was called  off for the whole day.  The snow was coming down really heavy so I get it, but I was overwhelmed.  When our kids have a day off of school I plan for weeks in advance what we will do on the off day.  I had no warning and no phone.  Thanks to incredible neighbors and Brandon being next door we survived the snow day.  It was touch and go a few times though. ;)

The kids had school today (Thursday) and I was able to get many things finished.  They have a planned no school day tomorrow so this is a very short week for them.

About an hour ago Brandon and I decided to check the phone and it worked perfectly!  We quickly got all the photos off and tested different things and all is well!  We are so thankful to not have to buy a new phone.

Tomorrow T has an appointment quite a distance away and we have very cold temps here.  It will give me extra comfort to know I have a phone with me.

I head to bed tonight thankful for many things, but especially thankful for T's hearing aid and the special jar of beads to rescue the hearing aid that also rescued the phone.  It might be worth it for everyone to have a jar of these beads!

No comments: