Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Kiddos MO Adventures

As I mentioned in a previous post, the kids took a trip down to MO to spend several days with Grandpa Tom and Grandma Judy.  We met up on a Wednesday and then met up again the following Monday.  The dream for this time for Brandon and I was a staycation with some house projects, getting things for back to school, organizing the office, and just some good couple time.  Well, Brandon and I each ended up working at church A LOT (the next two posts will explain more), but we did get some time to spend together as well.  

A and A had already started school so the kids had to have adventures without them on Thursday and Friday during the school day. 

The kids arrived in MO on Wednesday evening so they got to spend some time with A and A that night. 

M: Building a fort with A is great!

M: I love playing ball too!

T: I always have to do a lot of unpacking when we arrive!

T: A loves LEGOs too. 

On Thursday they had special pancakes that Grandpa Tom made.  It looks like M even got to help a bit.

T: I love my pancake cat!

M: Grandpa let me make a fun shape!

M: Do you like my creation. 

One of the kids traditions with the Grandparents during their summer visit is shopping for Birthday/Christmas gifts.  Tom and Judy tell the kids the amount they can spend and M and T get to work finding things and doing math.  M wanted a BIG LEGO set of Christmas so he optioned for one clearance toy for his Birthday gift so that he could pool his money.  The kids apparently wander through the store for hours.  I would go a bit crazy, but since there is no hurry it is a special time with their grandparents.

M: This is actually a super cool toy!

After school they all went out to Brandon's uncle's farm to play with the dog and explore.  The kids got to really check out the whole house for the first time ever.

T: Elsa is such a sweet dog!

M: She really likes me. 

M and T: She is a good friend to us all. 

T: We found a bunch of really cool rings upstairs!  I didn't even know there was an upstairs!

After the farm they must have gone to A and A's house for a bit.

M: I am not scared of this guy anymore!

On Friday I think they just had a pretty relaxing day.  It looks like they went somewhere to test out the drone!
T: I love playing the piano and learning new songs!

T: I got to wear one of A's dresses for the day.  

M: I am so glad that Grandpa fixed the drone. 

I think the kids went to the bus stop to wait for A and A!

T: We were so glad that they were home from school!
On Saturday all the kids and Adrienne, Tom, and Judy went to the lake!  It looks like the weather was lovely and they had a good lake day!

M: Sometimes I just like to relax in the tube.

Snacks on the boat!

Tubers!

Best Buds!

Feeding the fish.

Lunch Break!
I think she had a sugary treat!
Cooling off.

Everybody tubing without any grownups.  They really are growing up. 

On Sunday the kids went to church and then had another fun day together!


M: I am glad I chose this gift. 

T: It took us a while to get this balanced. 

Twinning. 

The kids had so much fun with the waterslide thing in A and A's backyard!

Best shot of the four of them. 

Check out big A!

Relaxing and chatting!

We were supposed to meet up around lunchtime on Monday, but our church flooded and that delayed the start time.  I will tell much more about this in two posts.

T: I am thankful for a couple of extra hours so I could practice the piano with Grandma! 

No comments: