Sunday, January 27, 2019

Ready or Not, the fall events at church began!

The first week the kids were in school I was at church working almost every minute (besides when I was sorting the water bottles of course) they were gone.  There was so very much to prep after the flood.  All the contents of the basement were in two of the main Sunday School rooms.  Contents had to be redistributed once the new carpet was laid and dried.  We worked and we worked hard.  It took a long time to get the nursery, classrooms, youth area etc set up.  Then there was the decorating, the door decorations, and the nursery team pics up.  Finally it was time to prep the lesson for the first day of class.  The first Sunday was so exciting.  There was a buzz of joy and anticipation all over the building.  My 4K-5K kiddos were incredible.  It is such a great joy to teach them.  I LOVE the new curriculum we are using.  It is called Gospel Story.  I totally recommend it for any church.  The nursery team I coordinate is nothing short of amazing!  It is a great joy to work with them. 

Part of the bios of our 64 incredible nursery volunteers!

Lots of tape rolls as we prep rooms for the first day!

My room ready for action!

I didn't take any photos the first day of class, and most of the ones I take have a lot of movement in them, but this sweet photo was sent to a buddy who was traveling over his Birthday so we wished him a happy day with a sign. We have about 12 kids in the class, but we average 8 kids most weeks.


Such sweet kids!

After a great Sunday morning launch we had an additional launch of youth group and iGnite on Wednesday.  These photos are not necessarily from the first week or even the same week, but they are some sweet photos from youth group and iGnite.  At the beginning of the year I helped out with both youth group and iGnite.  I am now mainly helping with youth group and actually I am only there part of the time which means I can run home for a bit of time in the middle to get things ready for bedtime routine, finish washing dishes if needed, etc.  The kids love that they get to watch the youth game time at the end of the night because youth group runs longer than iGnite.

Amazing Race game acting out nativity (check out that cute Jesus)
The questions game. 

Super cute snackers in the background! 

M: I love the iGnite games!

No comments: