Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Chicken O Little Faith

July and August 2018 were huge months for me at church.  I was putting in lots of hours organizing (a post about that will come eventually) and was so thankful that I had signed the kids up for several camps after summer school ended.  An area church offers many different camp options.  Their largest event is their music and drama camp.  It is one week of singing and dancing for three hours each morning.  T was excited to try, M was NOT!  Thankfully they didn't have to attend alone.  I chatted with some other moms who happen to attend our church and who happen to have kiddos in the same afternoon park program is our kids.  I was the taxi driver and had a blast connecting with all the kids that week.  I drove them to camp then picked them up and they ate lunch on the way to park each afternoon.  It worked out great.  On Friday night they did a show for parents.  So fun!  M didn't like all the singing and the team there was willing to allow him to be part of the tech crew.  What a blessing for him!  

M: I got to help with the spotlights!

T: There were lots of songs and lots of actions. 

I got to be right next to my friend A!

T: We were pretending to be chickens.

T: It was a fun show. 

T was always front and center. 

M, T and crew.  They filled the van with fun, laughter, and food! 

M was able to take two additional camps through the church, a horse camp and a soccer camp.  I don't have photos from those, but he really really enjoyed each of them.  The horse camp led to horse lessons this fall.  We are so blessed by great area churches!

No comments: