Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Adoption Event Super Weekend!


This year my parents came to spend the big Super weekend with us!  It also happened to be my dad's Birthday.  My parents helped watch the kids the afternoon before the event and on the event day.  It was so nice to have an extra set of hands. They arrived with prepared food so it was quite simple to heat and eat.  So thankful!  

Their time here went really fast.  They did get in some good cuddle time, kitten time, and time with our family.
The kittens with Grandma Kathy!

T: I love it when they come!

T: It is fun to read books to Grandma!

The kittens with Grandpa Daryl.
Super Saturday is here!!!  This is our big annual event which raises funds for adoption grants and orphan care.  It was a beautiful day for a 5K and the auction and bake sale were a huge success.  We added a petting zoo this year which was great fun for families!

The walkers are off!

My parents starting the walk! Happy Birthday Dad!

T: I decided not to do the walk this year, but I still had lots of fun!

M: I finished strong!

Classic Sprint Finish!

They made it!

M: I like the new additions to the ninja course!

T: Strike a pose!



T: I love the warrior course!

I really wanted to try too!

I am good at balancing!  (Note the lack of Forever Families shirt and  practical shoes)

We went out to eat for dinner and T told the waitress it was his Birthday.  I know my dad probably wasn't thrilled to be sung to, but he was a good sport.  Apparently the free cake they give is pretty good too so it wasn't totally a bad deal for him. 


T: I loved it when they sang to Grandpa Daryl

So sweet!
M: I love my Grandpa Daryl!

No comments: