Monday, September 30, 2019

38 For Real!

I am 38, for real!  I turned 38 exactly two months ago actually.  Interestingly, I thought I was 38 for about half of the year I was 37.  That fact alone made this Birthday a pretty easy transition.  

This year my Birthday was on a Tuesday.  The kids were done with summer school, though they still had Park and Rec in the afternoon.  While somewhat stressful, I decided to start the day with running some errands to farther away places.  We went to the tasty grain free bakery to get Birthday treats and to Trader Joes so stock up on lots of things including sweet potatoes, which are one of my favorite things!  

Once I dropped the kids off at Park I had the afternoon to relax and take my time eating lunch.  Sadly, while I was slicing my sweet potato (for sweet potato fries, the perfect Birthday lunch) I sliced my finger.  Before I knew how bad it was I almost fainted in fear that I had somehow cut off my finger.  Thankfully it wasn't a horrible wound.  At first I put two bandaids on it. 

The double bandaid stopped the bleeding... and possibly my circulation! 

A different bandaid later that day. 
The cut was bad enough to bleed off and on for several days whenever I bumped it on something. 

When Brandon came home for dinner he fired up the grill to make fajitas, my absolutely favorite food in the world!!  While Brandon was grilling M insisted that he could lift me.  I was nervous at first, but when he proved that he could totally lift me we decided to do it a second time for a photo.  As I look at this photo it looks like I am breaking his back, but I assure you, he wanted to try this.

M: I can lift a 38 year old mom!

Yummy Birthday dinner!

Tasty fajitas!

Cinnamon roll for dessert and Birthday flowers in the background.  I am a blessed woman. 

The kids answered questions about me.  I LOVED hearing their answers.  It was so heart warming.  What a treasure. One of them was more excited to share the answers than the other.

T: I love it when you... 

My kids on my Birthday!

She loves to celebrate with others!

Just in case you needed to see the amazingness one more time.  

No comments: