Thursday, September 12, 2019

Breaking Ground

This Summer we officially broke ground on the huge church renovation and addition.  This is a massive project and it is in full swing as I type.  The first week of June we had a ceremony in church and got to dig with gold shovels after the service.  

The service also had notable things as my amazing friend Charissa played guitar in the service for the first time.  I didn't know she was going to play it.  I was like a mom at a children's recital.  I could not reach for my phone fast enough.  I was (and am) so proud of her!  She is talented in so many areas and continues to try new things!


Charissa and her guitar!

Also exciting was watching M and his buddy Z (they are only 2 months apart) read a book together during the service.  I used to read chapter books with friends and it was fun to see M getting to do the same thing.

M: Z and I both like graphic novels!

Our little family has had to do a lot flexing the last few months with the project... and much more to come as well.  I am so thankful for the way they have handled things so far.  We are doing some unique things this fall to make sure that ministries continue and the kids are rolling with it and willing to make some sacrifices.

Officially breaking the ground!

No comments: