Saturday, September 28, 2019

F!sh Day 2019

F!sh Day 2019 is one we won't quickly forget.  The day started warm and sticky with darkness in the west.  I was up super early worried about the rain. I ran to Walmart and bought 5 umbrellas.  I realized the rain was holding off so I took a morning walk.  

When I returned M was awake and excited for the parade. 

M: This is one of the best days of the year!

My day was made extra special because my little llama came for a visit!  

The weather was nice during the entire parade!  We had a great viewing party and lots of fun and smiles!  One notable highlight was "3 Kims."  We had three women named Kim watching in our group!  A fun record I think!

Part of our group!

Little E loved everything!

T: I loved petting the llama!

Getting to see Jamie twice in one day, it really was like Christmas!

We were not at our friend's party long when we noticed the rain clouds were getting closer.  We managed to get inside before the rain began.  Eventually it let up and we were able to make it home.  The afternoon was quiet with both kids napping.  M's friend D came over and we woke M up.  The rain ended and Brandon took all three kids downtown for fish and chips.  Brandon didn't realize that our kids only get the chips so we made a large donation to a civic organization!!

M: Anything is fun with D!

Sadly all the rain meant low attendance.  This area is usually packed. 

Brushing the cat while we waited for fireworks. 

I not so secretly hoped it would rain during the fireworks and we could put the kids to bed early.  This didn't happen and we ended up going.  It was a great light show and I am thankful it didn't rain.

The viewing party!  Right at the end of our block so we could get home and to bed quickly! 


No comments: