Friday, September 13, 2019

School is out... time for visitors!

Summer seems to go from one thing to the next so quickly.  My parents came for an end of the school year visit later on the day of the ground breaking.  It was kind of a rainy day and we were all pretty tired.  We were sitting at the kitchen table and I noticed that T seemed to be out of it.  I glanced under the table and this is what I saw. 
It doesn't look super comfortable. 
She was definitely sleeping on my dad's leg! 
After T rested up we went outside and played some kick ball. It was quite chilly and begin to sprinkle and then rain for real, so the game didn't last too long.

Run M!  Run Grandpa!

Run home, Grandpa Daryl!

The next day was a much better weather day.  It was also a Monday which is a lovely day for visitors since it is Brandon's day off. After some cat cuddles we headed out on an adventure. My parents wanted to get some pictures of the cats to show my grandma how big they have gotten.  It was tricky to really tell with the kids so my dad ended up holding both at the same time.


Sunshine you are so big!

Buttercup is pretty big too! 

Arms full of cats!!!!
Since it was such a beautiful day we decided to go to the breakwater and walk out to the lighthouse.  It was the perfect day for it.  It was June on the Lake which means it was quite chilly (at least for me) but the sky was lovely.  The kids were not super excited about the walking at first, but loved climbing on the rocks once we were down there. 

Every time I walk out to the lighthouse I feel like a tourist.  There is something about leaving land that makes me feel like I am walking away from the stresses of the day.

The lighthouse in the distance with sailboats around, so beautiful. 

Getting closer. 

The path is a bit narrow at the end.  Hand holding is a must. 

Almost there!

Mom at Dad at the lighthouse. 

Our family.  I took off my hat, impressive, right? 

With my mom!

Now with my dad!

One more before we headed back to land. 
On the way in the kids wanted to stop and walk on the breakwater rocks.  We have never done this before.  They really enjoyed it and we did too.  It was a bit nerve wracking watching T have no fear at all, but we did all make it back in one piece.

Exploring the rocks. 
M:  It was nice to rest after the walk. 

M: I am not sure why, but I love to style Grandpa's hair. 

T: I do too! 
M: We love to play games with grandparents! 

That evening we watched the church softball team play two games.  The games didn't go too well for our team, but we all had fun cheering them on. 

All too soon it was time for my parents to head home.  It was a great visit!

M and T: We love it when grandparents come and are always sad when they leave. 

No comments: