Thursday, March 26, 2020

Advent moments

If I was not in such a hurry to catch up with the blog I could spread these pictures over many posts, but since I am trying to be speedy, this will be a long post filled with many December moments and events. 

This was an SOS pic to Brandon showing him the little guest that joined me while I was unwinding one night.
Playgroup dress up.  I sure miss these sweet faces.

T: M wanted to help me with my school project!

Seeing them work together is my favorite!

Another month of LEGO club and reading at a newly discovered library.  Another reminder that we live in a different world now.

Book lover one

Book lover two

Each year I give a little thank you treat and note to my nursery volunteers.  There were 64 this year. This year's treat was Reeses Christmas trees.  I try to write a note to connect with the candy they receive.  This year the note said: "Have I told you “Reese”ntly that I appreciate for your help in the nursery? There are countless “Reese”ons I am thankful.  During the dust and cold and transition you have been a “Sweet Treat” to the children of our church. I am not trying to “Butter” you up. I am just “Reeseally” blessed that you served in the nursery in 2019! Merry Christmas! 

Was it cheesy?  Yes.  Do I still love it? Yes. The actual note didn't have the Reese words in quotes but used the color and font of Reeses.  

Lots of Reeses.  Lots of thankfulness!

I spy a cute cat and two pairs of mamas shoes not properly put away.  Oops. 

My heart sang when my Jamie girl (little llama) and her hubby came for a visit.  They stayed for several hours and we talked and talked.  I am so thankful for her and her husband.  It is such a joy to catch up.

Background one... bright light above heads, but mama llama posts anyway because I don't ever have enough pics with this one. 

The tree in the background and the first look at my new haircut!  It seemed too short when it happened, but looking back it looked OK. 

We are so thankful for our Deb and all of the love she shares with us!

T had been wanting to have a little guy from her class over for months.  We finally made it happen just before Christmas.  The kids happened to have PJ day at school that day.


T: My buddy T loves LEGOS just like me!

Cute girl and chubby cat!

Morning walks are times of prayer and reflection and thanksgiving and conversation with those I love.  I was talking with God and came to the corner at the end of my block and I think I said something like, "Serious God, no way!"  I was blown away by the colors.

I knew I needed to get a closer view. 

I get to live here!!!  

One of the women on T's team brought over a gingerbread house.  What a blessing that she was willing to do it with the kids while I prepped Christmas meatballs in the background.  Yes, T did get out a champaign glass and was drinking sparkling water in it because that is how she rolls...

T: Yum, that looks so good. 

After Ashley left I walked back into the kitchen and this is what I saw!

T: I just couldn't stop myself!  It didn't taste that great plus it had dairy and I got sick. 

Brandon took the kids to Home Depot.  They made Advent countdowns.

T: I love painting and mixing colors. 

Cheesy face. 

and a great smile!

M got to go to a football party at some friend's house.  As you can see he is enjoying the viewing quite a bit.

M: I want to watch every game here. 

M: I think the people were bigger than real life. 

Brandon's view when he came home one day.  Check out Buttercup! 

I spotted this at the end of a playgroup and couldn't resist the shot... when a dump truck visits the stable... 


No comments: