Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Decorations go up... the cats knock them down!

We have a tradition of decorating for Christmas on the Monday after Thanksgiving.  Since Brandon's day off is Monday, we get a start on things while the kids are at school.  They tire of decorating quite quickly so putting ornaments on the tree is about their max.  I wasn't sure if the tree could be salvaged this year because the cats were so hard on it last year, but it ended up working quite well.  

M was not interested in being in any pics (this is a trend) and I reminded him that would mean he wouldn't be on the blog and he was fine with that.  So, even though you don't see him in the pics he was there.  We do enjoy talking about the special ornaments from the past.  So many good memories. 

Looking festive. 

It might have been a little too posed :) 

My favorite late night view. 

The cats love the trees!  We put up one in the family room and a smaller one in the front room.  I just can't handle the fact that people could drive by our house and think that we don't have a Christmas tree.  
One happy cat!

We immediately put weights on the big tree but left the small tree alone as the were not too interested in it last year.  Big mistake!  Brandon came home to a fallen tree and two very suspicious suspects!

Buttercup: I don't think he can see me behind the tree.  Sunshine: If I look innocent he won't think it was me. 

Sunshine:  Wait, maybe hiding is better.  I am sure he can't see me now. 

Each year we decorate the church on the first Saturday of December.  This year we delayed it a couple of weeks.  Drywall was being installed in the church, and it was so dusty that we didn't want to risk ruining the decorations.  We postposed decorating and we scaled back, but when it was done the church felt cozy for the first time in a long time.

The twins! 
T: I liked working with the garland. 

Setting up the lanterns. 

We use laminated photos to keep things consistent from year to  year. 

I really needed to see this picture tonight!  May it be a blessing to you as well.  

Funny how a picture can fill you with such joy and peace. 

No comments: