Sunday, March 22, 2020

There is no such thing as bad weather...

... only inappropriate clothing!  I know this phrase is often said in Scandinavian countries where they spend time outside each day no matter the weather.  November had some very cold days, but I was (and am) very committed to walking each day.  Many days I look like I do in the picture below.  If it is really cold I wear boots and snow pants and an additional scarf.  My coldest walk this winter had windchills of about -20.  I have not missed a single day.  This winter I bought special spike things that I can wear on extremely icy days.  

During this time of distancing and isolation I encourage everyone to get outside and walk if you are safely able.  I usually see less than 6 people on my walk and most of them are blocks away.  It is a very safe and distant way to still be outdoors and see the world, to get a bit of vitamin D, to see a sunrise, and to be reminded that our Creator God is still in control!  



No comments: