Friday, March 27, 2020

Church Christmas Program

OK, so blogging is making me teary these days.  I think I am just emotional today.  You always read about people who suffer a loss and talk about all the time that was taken for granted.  I am choosing to be profoundly grateful that we were able to have this program and celebrate Christ's birth as a church family.  I have some pics from practice and some from the show.  

M: I am so glad I got to do the duet with L!

The cutest Mary and Joseph EVER!

Ten people in a pew... this was clearly pre social distancing!

T with some Angel friends!
The program started with a combined adult and children's choir.  It was so beautiful and of course T got very into it!

So lovely!

This year M sang a duet with an amazing teenager.  They both have incredible voices.  His part took much skill and he nailed it!  I was bursting with mama pride and joy!

M: I was nervous, but it was fun. 
A good friend took this pic of me watching M sing!  So proud of him!

T and a different L also did a duet!  It was precious. 
I was so proud of my Sunday School class of 4K/5K kids.  Each week they learn a theme and they shared all their themes with the group.  There were two performances and the little ones were not required to go to both so I had different groups each service and they all did great!


"God is so powerful that He made water come out of a rock." 

Whole group closing song 1st service!

Whole group closing song 2nd service. 
Pose photo after first service. 

My kids love to invite many special people to their Christmas programs.  They know that often the people are not able to come, but this year two special people did come.  The kids principal was able to come.  There are several church families from Lincoln and we decided to take a group pic after the show.

Lincoln family/ church family with Mrs. G!

T invited her friend K.  K is the owner of the special dog Coco who lives near the school.  She was so excited that Karen came AND brought her flowers!  How special and fancy!

T: Best Day Ever!

I sure love these two!

The duet crew.  They stood on opposite sides of the stage while they sang.  Can anyone guess why? ;) 

After the programs we had cookies and hangout time.  The kids were all mesmerized by the opening of the big trap to the new addition.  There was still caution tape hanging, but we could all tell it was almost ready.  We opened the new area on Christmas Eve.  What a gift for everyone!


The kids were eyeing the new area like a present under the tree!

No comments: