Saturday, March 28, 2020

Christmas Eve 2019

Christmas Eve 2019 was a special day filled with much family, friends, church and food!  So thankful for all of our special traditions! 

My morning was spent cooking for our usual meatball meal with Charissa's family!   They came over at 12:00 so we could eat and chat and not be rushed before the 2:00 rehearsal.  


M: Every year I forget how wonderful the meatballs are, but once I remember I can't stop. 

T: J and I are buddies!

M: A is my buddy too!

I was able to read the children's story again this year.  This story had so many different animal voices to keep track of.  It was a bit stressful but still quite fun.

The first service kids!
I was clearly into the book! 

It was so exciting to have the lobby and bathrooms open for Christmas Eve!  Everyone was checking things out and sort of awed by the new space.  Some good friends stayed late and we chatted and listened to Christmas music and stared at the beautiful trees and lights.  What a special night.  

This year we didn't have any major Christmas morning set up.  It was nice to not have to stay up super late prepping things, but it is always hard to sleep after the special services.


No comments: