Saturday, March 28, 2020

Christmas Day 2019

The kids were so excited for Christmas morning, but managed to not wake up before 7:00... in fact I think they might have slept past 7:00.  

Annual before they open the gifts pic. 

First come the stocking. Because we only do four presents from the family (want, need, wear, read), the stocking get pretty full of other gifts they have been wanting.

T:  Yes! A pop socket for my phone case (she only has a phone case, not a phone, put the pop socket makes it feel more real)

M and T: We both got Rubix cubes!

M: I love my new shoes!

T:  I must read this book NOW!

Love Stories for kids... she is a girl after my heart. 

My book lovers!

Her LEGO set!

His LEGO set!

A church friend gave her a new American Girl Wellie Wisher doll!

Excited about their gifts from a church friend!

M: Technic LEGOs are the best!!!

One of my best gifts.  Look at those teeth!  What JOY indeed!

A Blessed Mess!

Next it was time for Breakfast and the start of LEGO construction while I go for my Christmas morning walk! 

T: I feel so much older with this pop socket!


The most fun way to fill Christmas Day!

In the afternoon M was busy building with LEGO's and T took a break to make a fort with the boxes from the new booster seats (their need gifts).

T:  I made a special nest for the cats!

T:  Huh?  I must have fallen asleep.  

Besides playing with LEGO's M was busy flying his new trick drone.  Sadly it broke later that day, but it was fun while it lasted!



M: The cats were a little nervous. 

Buttercup:  Should we attack this animal?  Sunshine:  Maybe we should just sniff it. 

I spent a lot of Christmas Day in the kitchen.  Each year for Christmas we give Brandon's mom chocolate covered cherries.  This year she told us that her body couldn't tolerate the sugar content so we should skip them.  I decided it must not be that hard to make a healthy low glycemic index version of chocolate covered cherries.  Well, it wasn't as easy as the recipes said.  After many hours of prep they were complete and they tasted pretty good too.  Sadly they didn't come out of the ice cube trays very well so I had to bring the sticky messy tray and present that as the gift.  Judy didn't mind the mess and declared them edible which I was very happy about. 

During the afternoon our dear friends Curt and Deb came over with gifts for the kids.  The kids loved the gifts and were thankful to see Curt and Deb on Christmas.  I hope that was the start of a new tradition!  

After dinner the LEGO building continued.  They made a lot of progress in just one day.  Their progress allowed Brandon and I to get a lot of packing done as well.  I am so thankful for a pretty low key Christmas Day with some of my favorite people!

M: I love doing LEGO's on Christmas!

T: This house is so cool I might actually leave it up to play with!  (3 months later it is still together, modified, but together!)
The day after Christmas we always make our annual trek to Missouri to visit Brandon's family.  It might take me a couple days to get the road trip post up.  There are many photos and it takes a while.  

I have been taking little notes about our Spring Break week this week and I hope to do a real time post about our week and our lives on Monday. 

No comments: