Sunday, April 26, 2020

An Amazing Teacher Parade... no joke! (Safer at home - Week 3)

This year on April 1st we attended a parade right in our front yard.  When I saw a news story about a teacher parade happening in MN I sobbed as I watched.  I dreamed of doing one here and it happened on April Fool's Day.  All the teachers and administrators from our neighborhood school drove through a huge route in our neighborhood.  It was so impactful for everyone.  They stayed in their cars, but we could wave and yell hello and cheer and smile (through our tears). It was also fun to be outside and see many of our neighbors.  Charissa's family stood in front of the church since they live out of the district, but still attend Lincoln school.  The whole morning just filled my heart to overflowing!

We got out early and said lots of hellos to neighbors and decorated our driveway with notes for the teachers.

T: I was looking for signs of Spring. 

T: I got a pic with J's family.  We had to make a line so I wouldn't get too close. 


M: I was so excited!

Our neighbor told funny stories to entertain us. 

Of course we needed some social distancing photos.  It was very hard to keep our two families apart, but the lines on the sidewalk and countless reminders helped for the most part.

The crews!

How close can we get? 

The parade is beginning and we are excited!!!!

M's awesome teacher!

It was fun to see my good friend Sarah too. 

So much fun... and I literally cried the whole time!

We are so blessed to be a part of such a special school with teachers who love their jobs and the students so well.  Thank you Lincoln staff for giving us the best start to our April that we could have imagined!

No comments: