Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Mountain Biking (Week 4)

Bike rides have become a weekend tradition for Brandon and the kids.  The fresh air and exercise are very good for their bodies.  I treasure that time with the house to myself.  I am able to cook, or blog or plan in total silence.  It is such a gift.  Back in my pre-coronavirus life I was alone at home for 35 hours a week and I miss having Shelly time.  

During the time of the pics below I was busy prepping things for Easter.  I created a scavenger hunt and got some treats ready.  I finished just as the kids were getting home.  I wasn't fully able to hide the box that contained the sour patch gummies in the recycling.  I thought I hid it, because I put it inside another box.  Five minutes later T was asking me about it... that girl... nothing gets past her! 

Our dear friends have a Mt. biking course in their backyard.  They have allowed our family to use their course whenever we want to.  The kids love biking on the jumps.  

One week after these pics M was able to land a major jump for the first time.  We don't have pics of much of it because usually he wants videos to be taken rather than pics.  

Brandon took a burst of pics of T falling that I will share below, actually I will share a few pictures from various points in the fall. 

T: I love looking for worms!

T: I was starting to lose my balance. 

T: Falling...

T: Bracing for the fall. 

T: My legs were still in the air!

Thankfully she was still happy and got back up and riding immediately after these pic.  We sure are blessed with places to go and things to do outdoors.  

Realtime comment here.  I was telling the kids that this Sunday (April 26th) was the first time kids in Spain were allowed to go outside in 14 weeks.  They were allowed one hour and had to stay close to home.  We are SO VERY BLESSED to be able to come and go and enjoy fresh air.  It is easy to take these blessings for granted.  We are thankful indeed.

No comments: