Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Big Florida Trip

After this post there will be 7 posts about each day we were in FL.  This year for Christmas my parents surprised the kids with a trip to FL.  It was truly the best gift we had ever gotten.  I had a lot of fears about the travel and the long days and the complaining etc, but it was all so worth it.  I am so thankful that we got to experience these things as a family.  We never would have done this trip without my parents extreme generosity and initiative.  We feel so blessed.

About ten days for the trip my mom and I spent all day (literally) on the phone/ordering/researching when to go where and what tickets to buys.  We decided to order the Disney tickets for our first full day (Tuesday) there since the kids would be eager and least weary.  We also ordered tickets to Busch Gardens and Sea World.  Buying them together was a significant cost savings and each ticket came with a free lunch each day.  Because January is a less crowded month at these parks there were additional discounts as well.  I highly recommend buying them this way!

I wrote all the journal entries right when we got home so they would be fresh in my mind.  I know some entries are long, but it is good to have the details to help us remember the trip well.  Beyond the highlight reel there were lots of meltdown and potty accidents and frustrations, but it was still one of the most special weeks we have ever had as a family.

I am now (in real time) adding in the pictures.  I have made the decision to not alter the words unless I see pictures that I haven't mentioned and need to explain.  This means that I will not be mentioning Coronavirus and the differences in the world now 10ish weeks ago.  I decided I just want to retain all the emotion and joy the posts were written in and sort of just treasure it.  As I write this, Disney is closed until further notice.  Almost every photo on this trip is a reminder of something that can't happen now and might not happen in a while.  I am so glad that we took this trip when we did and got to make all these special memories together right when we did.

I am not sure how quickly I will get the posts up.  Uploading the pics and doing captions takes a while.  I have been going to sleep when the kids do at night because the days are so draining so that could also delay things.

No comments: