Saturday, April 11, 2020

First week home (post Florida)

Arriving home from FL in the middle of the night meant a very short night of sleep before it was time to wake up and get the kids off to school.  Because they slept in the plane and the van they had a pretty good night of sleep and managed to get back to the school routine quite quickly.  I might have struggled a bit more.  I might have taken a morning nap.  I might have had a feline friend join me.  

Sunshine:  Shelly doesn't usually sleep during the day.  This is great. 

Having a relaxed morning on Monday was a blessing and a curse.  It meant I could slowly ease my way back to life at home... but also made me a bit behind for the week.  I did manage to get the laundry done and cook and meal plan, but I knew big projects were looming.  

On Tuesday I spent several hours writing the words for all the FL blogs.  I knew there was no way I would remember what happened if I waited until they came up to blog about them.  I was 100% correct.  I worked a lot of nursery paperwork and my Sunday School lesson as well.  It was a full day on the computer. 

Wednesday-Saturday were a blur of craziness.  I was working all day to get the nurseries ready for Sunday.  Every toy needed to be washed well, like every single LEGO.  It took forever!  Setting up the toys, labeling things, sorting things etc etc it was a huge undertaking.  I am so thankful it is done, even though no one is there to appreciate it.  

On top of the nursery set up prep, nursery paperwork, and Sunday School stuff I also had to prep for the nursery training. I scheduled trainings 2 Sundays in a row.  

Monday through Saturday were cloudy in our community.  The sun didn't come out once.  About an hour (or less) before sunset on Saturday I was out buying some last minute nursery items and making copies at the church offsite office and I spotted the sun!!!  I was so excited I took some pictures so I wouldn't forget! 

The Sun!

It set way too quickly, but I saw it!

I couldn't sleep on Saturday night because I was frustrated about all the errors in my handouts for the nursery training.  I got up at 5:00 am and made a quick powerpoint.  This led to a VERY long Super Bowl Sunday.

No comments: