Monday, April 13, 2020

Turning 8 Friend Party

T had very specific ideas for what she wanted to do and who she wanted to invite to her friend party.  She wanted to invite her neighbor and great friend S along with a boy in her class T.  S and T don't know each other at all and are in different grades, but T knew it would work.  

I knew we needed a very specific game plan to keep the fun going and enjoy time time.  T and I got lots of craft supplies so the kids could make a few different craft projects.  We also got a pinata and other fun Birthday things.  The party was just scheduled to be two hours long and we had enough to do for double that time which was fine with me... just in case. 


When S and T arrived the kids painted little wall art pieces.

T: I did my initials. 

T: My friend T made the first letter of his name and his dog's name. 

T: S made a very beautiful painting!
After painting they played in the basement for a little while.  The swing is always fun for everyone.

T: We took turns pushing each other. 
After a few minutes of swinging I set up the pinata.

T: I tried to get it open, but I didn't.

T: S tried too. 

T:  Then T tried. 

T: Finally M tried. 

T: He knocked it down and then hit it... a lot of candy got crushed. 

Next it was time for craft number two, painting little wooden boxes.

T: S and I loved painting.  My friend T played with LEGOS a bit first. 

After the second project it was time to open gifts.

T:  Thanks for the LEGO set T!

T:  I LOVE LOL's.  Thanks S!
After presents it was time one final craft, the little bead projects that you iron into shapes.  We didn't have great success with them, but we tried our best. 

Finally it was time for  singing and cake.  Brandon came home for this part of the party.  I am not sure what was up with T's smile all throughout the day.

T:  What?  This is my normal smile. 

T: Blowing out the candles is harder when you get older. 

So thankful for T and S making this day special for our T!  


No comments: