Saturday, April 11, 2020

Super Bowl!

Our family loves traditions.  I am so thankful for this!  I am also thankful that Charissa's family loves traditions. Last year (2019) we went to their house for the Super Bowl. We decided to repeat the fun this year.  

A major difference with this year's Super Bowl was that this year our favorite team was playing in the championship game.  Brandon has loved the Chiefs his whole life.  The rest of the family has sort of jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon and we have enjoyed cheering for them.  The Chiefs like to keep you guessing with their come from behind victories, and the Super Bowl was no different.  It was an intense game to the end, but thankful the Chiefs came out on top! 

Brandon worked hard to balance focus on the game with playing with the kids.  J and A think Brandon is a great jungle gym and they could not get enough of playing with him.  It was the sweetest thing. 

A and J:  We can get out of this!

Wresting 4 kids and still managing to watch the game. 

He is managing to keep his eyes on the game!


All 5 kiddos wrestling!  I love how they enjoy each other. 

Proof that we were watching the game and not just having a wrestling night. 

Besides wrestling and football, we had lots of food.  I brought over the air fryer and we made many batches of sweet potato fries. I admit, I was feeling my short night of sleep when KC was trailing, but when the comeback began I got a second wind and managed to stay awake quite well. So thankful for this tradition and hope it continues for a long time!

No comments: