Thursday, April 16, 2020

And then we lost the BAHA

As I mentioned in the previous post, the kids went with friends to a skating event on Wednesday night.  They came home at bedtime and we did the routine.  The next morning as we were prepped for school we noticed that T's BAHA was missing.  Oh dear!  She thought she had it at Skateland but she wasn't sure.  Her BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) is the most expensive thing we own, and one of the tinier things we own as well.  It looks like a junky trinket which makes it very easy to toss.  
The joy of skating!
That morning I called the Skateland number expecting to leave a message on the machine, but instead  talked to the owner who said he would look for it.  I then sent him pics of it so that he would know what to look for.  A BAHA doesn't look exactly like a regular hearing aid so I wanted to give him an idea.  

He told me I could come there when they open at 4:00 and look with him.  There are millions of places it could be.  Because it has a very strong magnet it could be sticking to any of the little arcade games or really anywhere.   I was so overwhelmed and cried out to God something like this, "Seriously God, I can't handle this right now."  

I went throughout the day praying so much about that silly hearing aid.  After school I picked up the kids and left T at home so she could have in home therapy and took M with me.  He was not happy to be with at all which was an added challenge.  

On the way I received a text from the Skateland owner saying, "We found it."  I about went off the road as I praised God and thanked him.  We were on our way to Skateland so we arrived a few minutes later and went in and explained who we were.  The man I talked with was out cleaning the floor so another employee said, "Oh, is it that thing?  I saw it there on the counter when I came in."  Yahoo!!  We don't know the details of the story.  We don't know how it miraculously wound up on the counter in the perfect time, but God does.  I took a picture to start sending it to the many many people who were praying!  Thank you Jesus!!

The BAHA returned!!

No comments: